Monday, July 29, 2013

Eternally Me

     I often joke that I am ever youthful and fully myself until I stand in front of a mirror. I gaze upon that face and think 'Who are you? And, why are you lip syncing me?'
     The books I have been reading of late, especially Anthony Peake's 'The Labyrinth of Time' are helping me to understand this. When I am in the world, I am without the context of any sense of personal time. I am simply myself. When confronted with a mirror, I am put into the context of age. The face in the mirror has a history, but it is only a history of the body. Without physicality, I more fully express the soul, the essence of who or what I am. This is who I am while sleeping in a dream state. It is who I am in other dimensions of existence. This is who I am when I pass from this world into the next. I am eternal.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment