Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Daniel and Dreams

     My namesake, Daniel, of the Old Testament was an interpreter of dreams. The son of wealthy Jews, he was sent to Babylon for his education. After interpreting dreams for several people, Daniel found his way into the Royal Court because of his special talent. The Queen sent for him when she awoke to find strange writing on her bedroom walls. After all, if he understood the messages sent through dreams from the Other World, certainly he could decipher this mysterious message. Turns out the Archangel Gabriel had been busy overnight. Daniel read the writing on the wall and translated the message for her. The King was going to die in battle that day.
     Last week I replaced the RAM in my Mac notebook and the computer died. All of my efforts to comply with the message "You need to reset your computer failed." I was at a loss because all of my writing notes, the writing platform I use for my novels, everything is on that Mac. I was facing a $199 service fee to have it checked out and repaired. Not an easy surprise in my already tight budget, but a necessary expense.
     Yesterday I repaired the problem and the computer is working better than ever. You see, I dreamed about the problem and discovered the solution. I pay close attention to my dreams whether they are simply entertaining or problem solving.
     Weeks ago I dreamed I had the winning lottery numbers. For once, the dream was vivid enough that I recalled the numbers upon waking and wrote them down. I'm still playing them. Still waiting for my big win. Sometimes dreams come true, sometimes they are reflections of wishful thinking. However, it pays to be attentive either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment