Thursday, September 19, 2013

Magical Living

     Magical living is living fully aware in the moment. It requires openness and patience. Unlike it's cousin magical thinking, there is no regret, no what if's. 
     I was given a reminder of this today. I visited a showroom to which I have applied for positions twice with no result. The second time there was almost a result. Two different people in the company left voicemail messages for me. When I returned their calls, I also ended up leaving voicemail messages. In one, I said I would call again the next morning. I followed through and once again left a voicemail message. My calls were never returned and that was that. Almost. The loss of interest after my calls nagged at me. This company has again posted a position open, but I didn't respond to it this time. Instead, this time I visited the showroom. This time my question to the Universe as to why I didn't get further into the interview process was answered.
     Everything about the place was grey and beige. Lifeless. I encountered two employees. One asked if I was looking for anything in particular. I wasn't. The follow-up was the usual non-professional instruction to let me know if you have any questions. The second employee was sitting at a different table with a laptop. He never looked up to acknowledge my presence by saying hello. 
     The decision to not proceed with an interview I now know was the correct one. I get excited about what I'm selling. I like to engage people in conversation, to learn about them. I would certainly think someone working in a small showroom without any form of security would be interesting in anyone entering the premises. That would be in the recesses of my mind, but foremost to me would be the thought that here is someone new to talk to. I say the decision made about me was the correct one because, I would not thrive in such an environment as it is. I could make several suggestions for improving the atmosphere there which in itself would create more business. I'll save my ideas, however, for fertile ground.
     The thing about magical living it that things happen. Magical people get magical results. Nothing paranormal here. It's just how things work.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment