Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Paranormal Dances With Wolves

     While on vacation this week I made a practise of grabbing my Buddhist prayer beads and going for an open-eyed meditative walk along the Hudson River. The beads are much like the rosary of my Catholic youth in that they track the correct number of repetitions of prayers. In the Buddhist tradition those repetitions total one hundred eight, the number of earthly desires to be overcome. Interestingly, 108 is also considered to be 'the joy giver.' At any rate, I gave myself physical, mental and spiritual exercise to begin the day.
     Yesterday morning, I had the sensation of Sheena, my wolf spirit guide, walking with me. Hers is a special energy that comes in time of need either to focus or soothe. Odd that she would come with me for a morning walk on a perfect Autumn day. As I approached a woman with her dog, I received validation of Sheena's presence. The woman didn't have her dog on his lead until she spotted me. She then moved to clip it to the dog's collar, but she didn't follow through. Her black Labrador went on point. He watched as I walked closer and passed by him, but he wasn't looking at me. His point of focus was about mid-thigh height and a couple feet out from me, exactly where I knew Sheena was. The woman was looking there, too. Their body language and facial expressions made it clear they saw Sheena. 
     When I returned home and began going through emails and news articles, there was an item about a study about the difference between dogs and wolves. Given what had just happened I was intrigued. The study demonstrated that wolves were the more independent acting, but more trustworthy pets in aggressive situations.
     Not that I want to go out looking for a pack of timber wolves to befriend, but I am fascinated by wolf behavior; always have been. Sheena's energy was alarming when I first encountered it, but I've learned to appreciate her. If she were to manifest as a creature in this time and space I might be really apprehensive at first, but what a companion she could be!

No comments:

Post a Comment