Thursday, October 10, 2013

Call Of The Siren

     From the moment I ascended the subway steps to the street, I heard a muffled call. "Dan--yell. Da--nny. Dan--nny." The voice got stronger with every step I took. Before long I was standing in front of the grocery store, staring like a zombie through the windows. Yet, I couldn't determine the source of the voice. I went inside.
    The store could have been designed by Daedalus and Icarus. I made my way slowly up one aisle and down the next, trying to avoid the clash of unpredictable Minotaurs on wheels. I continued on my quest to discover the source of the voice I was powerless against.
    Several minutes and passages later I found her. Her bounty lay exposed at the end of Aisle Nine. Her tantalizing variety had lured several of us to her. That bitch Little Debbie! She knew she had me in her power once I once again gazed upon her cream-filled Swiss Roles, her generous Honey Buns, her fancy cakes and nutty bars. I was helpless in her grip. I was her slave.
      Next time will be different. Next time I will leave her. I will team up with Ben and Jerry. 


     

No comments:

Post a Comment