Monday, October 14, 2013

The Twilight Zone Is In My Closet

     Some people smile or laugh and shake their heads when I tell them about the Devas and spirits who share my world. I'm sure some of them think me crazy. Perhaps I am, but this doesn't add to nor take away from the case.
     Two weeks ago I decided to wear a particular pair of pants. I didn't find them hanging as I expected, so I removed every hanger from my closet and placed the garments on my bed. Still no pants. Next I removed the laundry basket from the closet floor along with a pile of shirts I had worn that needed to go to the laundry at work. Still no pants. So I removed every item of clothing and bedding from the shelves in case I had mistakenly folded the pants and put them there. The pants were simply gone. Even my roommate came in for a look. I gave up and wore something else that evening.
     This morning when I removed the dress shirts I had worn to work all week to take them to the laundry there was something weighty in the pile. My lost pants! These shirts were only from the previous week. The pants were missing the week before that. Now here they were neatly folded among my dirty shirts!
     I showed them to my astonished roommate who asked me where I found them. When I told him where they were, he replied 'no they weren't. We looked there.'
     I explained that whoever had taken them now gave them back, probably got tired of dealing with hiding them. My roommate commented that things like this happen to me a lot. They do. This is why I don't mourn lost items. They are always returned to me. Sometimes what I lost is replaced by something better.
     The world is an amazing place. Even more than we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment