Friday, August 9, 2013

Betwixt And Between

     I was aroused from sleep this morning by tremendous physical pain, though I still had not managed to open my eyes. I was also lying on my back which I never do. I am one of those people who falls asleep the moment my head touches a pillow and I don't move. The side of the double bed I don't use is never rumpled the next morning. So when I felt this new position, I attempted to roll over on my left side as usual. I could not move. That woke me up wide-eyed!
     When I glanced down my body, there was a clear divide that quite literally was transparent and divided my body vertically. My left side was on  my usual bed with my usual linens in my usual room. My right side was lying on a more elegant bed with better quality linens in a more opulently furnished room. I told myself it was time to rise, but I closed my eyes for another few minutes. When I opened them again, I was completely myself on my bed in my room. There was still some pain but it was considerably reduced.
     This experience has left me wondering how such a thing could have happened. More importantly, I'm wondering if a decision was made to remain where I am and what would have happened if I had gone the other way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment