Thursday, August 22, 2013

Not So Elementary, Dear Sherlock!

     When I write a story, I am truly recounting a story I hear being told to me. Last night I sat in front of the computer and tapped out about 1500 words of a new novel 'Jokers and One-Eyed Jacks.' It is a sequel to 'The Altered Boys Club' though it is more about Sebastian's life in the aftermath than about more child sexual abuse. At any rate, Sebastian is now working on another mysterious murder. The exsanguinated body of an acquaintance's friend was discovered in the early morning hours. Sebastian was immediately drawn to this latest victim and became engrossed in his initial phase of inquiry. He couldn't turn it off. I heard him talking about it all night as I tried to sleep. Unfortunately, when Sebastian can't sleep, neither can I. So this morning is off to a sluggish start.
     I know what is in store for me when I return from work tonight. And no, it is not going to bed early! There will be notes from the day's discourse to transcribe and most likely expound upon. I also know that a body taken to the morgue doesn't necessarily remain in the morgue, but where did it go? Security cameras show no unauthorized personnel entering or leaving. And absolutely no one leaving with a corpse in tow. 
     At the rate Sebastian is working, I may have this story ready for an editor by Labor Day. I'll be able to sleep then.

No comments:

Post a Comment