Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Synchronicity And Health

     Believe me when I say I am happy to be mobile again! RA sneaks up on me sometimes due to changes in barometric pressure, food allergies and stress. There's nothing I can do about the weather, but when it comes to what I eat, I am a label reader! Most of what I eat I prepare from basic ingredients myself. On those rare occasions when I don't, I have to beware or turn to stone! Stress is something I do my best to control through meditation and chanting to prepare for the day, going for a walk, and making myself small and quiet until a negative situation passes. Some people don't understand this. Some people are loud and get louder when they're stressed. I don't understand that.
     The other day one of the managers where I work made it a point to tell me that I am someone he would never want to cross.This was totally out of context of anything that was going on. I laughed. He went on to tell me he believes I have a dark side that can be really dangerous to those who would dare to cross me. I laughed again. I told him I don't punish people, if that's what he meant, nor do I seek revenge. They simply cease to exist for me and I leave them to their own Karma. Once again, he reaffirmed that he believes I am not someone to cross.
     I speak up for myself and for others I see being treated badly, sure. Beyond that I would describe myself as fairly passive, but I am nobody's doormat. I was shocked to hear this from someone with whom I have had very limited interaction. Frankly, it bothered me. The next day, I couldn't walk. I experienced a major RA flare-up, and I was out of Aleve. I had no choice but to push through it as best I could. I pondered and meditated and I learned.
     What I learned first hand is how words can hurt, not just emotionally but also physically. I learned how truly devastating bashing or bullying can be if this trivial episode could confine me to bed. 
     If we are to nurture and help our children to grow, we must be vigilant in countering the ill effects of thoughtless, self-hating people who attack for no justifiable reason. Be quick with a kind word, with praise, and encouragement. The more positives we can instill, the less room there is for negatives to get in.

No comments:

Post a Comment