Monday, June 3, 2013

Angel Lost, Angel Found

     Here's a story that took place this morning which you may find interesting.

     Yesterday I attended the memorial service for a dear and close personal friend who passed on earlier in the week. Even though he  suffered with pain in his legs, often severe, there was no reason to think he'd be leaving us. I was stunned when his partner called with this sad news.
     This morning as I dressed to go to work, I noticed that one of the pewter angels I keep on my chest of drawers was missing. I thought perhaps it had fallen over. I reached up to the top to set it right again, but I couldn't feel it. The chest of drawers are quite tall, so I then stood on a chair to view the top. The absent angel was truly missing. The angels are a set of three hand-cast pewter pieces I purchased about thirty years ago, so more than likely irreplaceable. I searched behind the chest, and all around, even got down on hands and knees to look under the bed. No angel to be found anywhere.
     At the suggestion of my roommate, I began looking in the drawers. I discovered the missing angel in the bottom of a drawer! There is no way it simply fell in, and happened to end up underneath all the other things stored there.
     Of course, my friend and his partner who is also a close friend have occupied my thoughts and dreams this week. I tend to believe that either my friend or some other interested entity hid the angel where I would eventually find it to teach me a lesson. Nothing or no one is ever truly lost. We simply have to enhance our thinking so that we know where to look. My friend isn't lost, just re-located.

No comments:

Post a Comment