Monday, June 10, 2013

Lesson in the Synchronicity of Disappointment

     On Saturday, I went to a card shop looking for a particular birthday card. I left there empty-handed and disappointed. At the corner, a young woman approached me with a professional camera hanging from her neck and said she is a casting director would like to submit me for a bridal photo shoot as the father of the bride. The gig will pay $1000 for a two-day shoot. I agreed, she ...snapped some photos, noted my contact info and handed me a printout about the job.
     If the shop had had my card, I would have been inside waiting in the line to pay when this opportunity walked by. I may not be selected, but it was a lovely compliment just the same. Oh, and by the way, that morning I purchased some marigolds for my kitchen window which according to Feng Shui brings money into the house. So if not this opportunity, another will come my way.
   Sometimes, Disappointment visits us, but we do not have to let it stay for very long. A surprise is waiting to take its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment